9.24.2005

A Collection

This is a part of something I wrote the other day. I post in the hope that perhaps it provokes some thought. If you sit and think about it and find you like it and want to "see how it ends" then make a comment and I can send you the rest.

The heap has grown steadily,
seemingly in futility
such that this soot is suffocating.

The sweat does little to clean
powder stains on the hands that build,
though piling for the promise of this purpose.

The legs grow weary in climbing,
ascending once again with another load,
descending in despair and defeat.

Yet all the time the gatherer labored
knowing not the final end he sought
existed in the energy inside.

The capacity of its potential abounds
far beyond the height of a mound,
caught in the chemistry of carbon.

It longs to fulfill the reason for its design;
to open forth utility available in discovery
of opportunities overlooked in the ore.

How long will the hoarder add to his collection
more handfuls of cherished rock,
idolized in ignorance of its idleness.

4 Comments:

At 9/24/2005 4:55 PM, Blogger Brad Jones said...

ok...I need the rest :)

 
At 9/27/2005 11:35 PM, Blogger Mike said...

me too...i love your creative side, jota. i miss you, bud. email me the rest at mikeandkatiealpert@yahoo.com.

 
At 9/28/2005 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey jota...gimme some mo'

 
At 10/01/2005 4:27 AM, Blogger Justin Hancock said...

If you see Korean characters... there's nothing I can do about it. Send the rest. justinhmusic@yahoo.com
Thanks again for the call JC. I miss all of you guys. Steve, if you read this, I miss you alot. It would have been nice to have stayed close in CS. love you all.
justin (www.livejournal.com/users/justinhancock)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home